Web Accessibility Resource Center
Use the links below to find the information you need to make your pages accessible.
Section 508 Policy
Articles On Accessibility
- Bobby - Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST) offers a tool that analyzes pages for accessibility.
Lynx - Download or try an online Lynx Simulator to see how your site displays in a text-only format.
- Home Page Reader
- by IBM lets blind or visually impaired users navigate through a Web
site using the keyboard. Users hear the full range of web page content
provided in a logical, clear, and understandable manner. IBM offers a
30-day free trial download copy.
- Media Access Generator (MAGpie)
- The National Center for Accessible Media (NCAM) offers MAGPIE, a free
tool that lets authors add captions to three multimedia formats:
QuickTime, SMIL, and SAMI. MAGpie can also integrate audio descriptions
into SMIL presentations.
: a free tool that works with Explorer 5.0. It shows the content of the
Web page in a separate text window. Users navigate using the keyboard's
uses an integrated voice synthesizer and your computer's sound card to
output the content of your computer screen (including Web pages) to
speakers. JAWS also outputs to refreshable Braille displays. Very
- Window-Eyes offers complete Braille support. Compatible with all Windows 9x and ME versions.
- EMACS Speak is a free browser and screen reader specifically designed for people with disabilities. Runs on Linux systems.
- Hal 4.5 for Windows offers extensive screen reader support for Web pages and other productivity tools.